upgrading to Qt6 pyuic6 not found

David Beck dbeck at ualberta.ca
Tue Dec 20 18:26:42 GMT 2022

Hello,

I’m upgrading to Qt 6/PyQt6 (Mac OS 13.0.1) and trying to get my project working in Eric. When I try to compile .ui forms using the right-click in the second (Forms) tab in the lefthand column of the main window, I get the following error:

Could not start pyuic6
Ensure that it is in the search path.

The “mic Compiler Options” window asks me to locate the package root, but I can'’t find “pyuic6” anywhere in the Qt or PyQt installation, so I’m not sure where to point it to.

Probably a simple fix, but any help would be appreciated.

David Beck