[Eric] eric4 - error when trying to create subversion(svn)projects

Giacomo Alzetta alzettagiac at hotmail.it
Fri Sep 4 12:35:33 BST 2009

I'm new to the eric4 python IDE so i was playing around with the project
options.At first eric4 gave me an error because subversion wasn't
installed in my laptop, i installed it and also pysvn.
But now it gave me this error message:

Warning:

An unhandled exception occurred. Please report the problem using the
error reporting dialog or via email to <eric4-bugs at die-offenbachs.de>. A
log has been written to "/home/giacomo/.eric4/eric4_error.log".

Error information:
2009-09-04, 13:28:26
<type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>:
localProtocol
File
"/usr/share/eric/modules/Plugins/VcsPlugins/vcsSubversion/SvnOptionsDialog.py", line 89, in on_protocolCombo_activated
if self.localProtocol:

Version Numbers:
Python 2.5.2
Qt 4.4.3
PyQt4 4.4.4
sip sip version not available
QScintilla 2.2
eric4 4.1.5 (r2207)

Platform: linux2
2.5.2 (r252:60911, Oct 5 2008, 19:24:49)
[GCC 4.3.2]

I get it when trying to specify the protocol.If i leave it as file:// it
doesn't show but when i put it as svn:// it shows up and also it says it
cannot connect to the repository.
Did i do something wrong?
Anyway i followed this tutorial:
http://eric-ide.python-projects.org/tutorials/LogParser/chap1.html

I did exactly the same things but still cannot make it work...