[Eric] eric4 - error when trying to create subversion(svn)projects

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Fri Sep 4 17:41:33 BST 2009

Am Freitag 04 September 2009 schrieb Giacomo Alzetta:
> I'm new to the eric4 python IDE so i was playing around with the project
> options.At first eric4 gave me an error because subversion wasn't
> installed in my laptop, i installed it and also pysvn.
> But now it gave me this error message:
>
> Warning:
>
> An unhandled exception occurred. Please report the problem using the
> error reporting dialog or via email to <eric4-bugs at die-offenbachs.de>. A
> log has been written to "/home/giacomo/.eric4/eric4_error.log".
>
> Error information:
>------- 2009-09-04, 13:28:26
>------- <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>:
> localProtocol
>------- File
> "/usr/share/eric/modules/Plugins/VcsPlugins/vcsSubversion/SvnOptionsDialo
>g.py", line 89, in on_protocolCombo_activated if self.localProtocol:

>------- Version Numbers:
> Python 2.5.2
> Qt 4.4.3
> PyQt4 4.4.4
> sip sip version not available
> QScintilla 2.2
> eric4 4.1.5 (r2207)
>
> Platform: linux2
> 2.5.2 (r252:60911, Oct 5 2008, 19:24:49)
> [GCC 4.3.2]
>

> I get it when trying to specify the protocol.If i leave it as file:// it
> doesn't show but when i put it as svn:// it shows up and also it says it
> cannot connect to the repository.
> Did i do something wrong?
> Anyway i followed this tutorial:
> http://eric-ide.python-projects.org/tutorials/LogParser/chap1.html
>
> I did exactly the same things but still cannot make it work...

First, you're using an ancient version.
Second, there are known deficits with the svn handler, better use pysvn.
Third, I got it working with http:// urls (apart from initial problems with
password, which is gathered from the console, e.g. run eric from xterm,
setup initial repo, and type in the pw in xterm...). pysvn doesn't suffer
from this.

Good luck,
Pete