[Eric] Eric newbe Q's: template collections + import diagram issue + character display problem

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Sun Oct 14 14:47:09 BST 2007

On Sonntag, 14. Oktober 2007, Jurgis Pralgauskis wrote:
> Hello,
>
> and I saw Eric has nice features as
> http://ericide.python-hosting.com/wiki/Doc/Tutorials/Tutorial4
> can I get the prepaired collections for common structures (def, for,
> generator)? but I can get only separate views for each...

There are no ready made template libraries available yet.

> ***
> http://www.die-offenbachs.de/eric/images/eric3-screen-11.png
> http://www.die-offenbachs.de/eric/images/eric3-screen-12.png
> i made a project and imported source directories
> but my import diagram is very little
> The project I am doint is with  http://turbogears.org/
> it has predefined structure: controllers, model and templates in separate
> dirs model and controllers are packages. I'd like to watch their
> interdependencies, if I ask for imports diagram on parent package, it
> doesn't go deeper into model and controllers - where might be the problem?

Eric scans all relevant files for import statements and assembles the import
diagram from this info. The result depends on the menu used to activate this
action.

> I could'nt tell right now which should be considered the "main script"
> as turbogears is still some black-box for me
> though to start the project I type "python start-project.py"

Probably this one. However, as far as I know, TurboGears forks another process
which would basically disconnect the debugger. You should probably start your
TG server in a separate terminal window.

> ***
> by the way, Eric3 don't display Lithuanian language symbols (in UTF-8)
> - just empty rectangles instead of them...

That could mean, that the selected font doesn't contain the Lithuanian
characters.

detlev at die-offenbachs.de