[Eric] Beginner's problem with PyQt4 and eric3

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Tue Jan 9 18:21:25 GMT 2007

On Tuesday 09 January 2007 19:00, Baptiste GRENIER wrote:
> Le mardi 09 janvier 2007 18:39, Detlev Offenbach a écrit :
> > Hi Baptiste,
> >
> > this is a feature. "Generate Subclass" is only available for Qt3 or KDE
> > projects because Qt4 (and PyQt4) work a little bit different than Qt3.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Detlev
>
> Hi Detlev,
> Thanks for your quick answer :)
>
> I will search mode doc on PyQt4, but there isn't a lot, excpet a thousand
> of hello worlds...
>
> Perhaps do you have in your bookmarks a good doc on PyQt4 using the MVC
> pattern ?
>
> Anyway, thanks again and congratulations for this amazing piece of
> software.
>
> Baptiste.

You could use the Qt4 book and transfer the C++ examples to Python. PyQt4
comes with a bunch of examples (these are mostly Python ports of the Qt4
examples). Sometime this year there is supposed to be available a book on
PyQt4 programming.

I nearly forgot the biggest example of PyQt4 programming. It is called eric4,
available as snapshot releases via the eric home page.

detlev at die-offenbachs.de