[Eric] Eric4 bug in documentation browser (Windows)

Christian Heimes lists at cheimes.de
Fri Jan 12 17:11:27 GMT 2007

Hello!

I'm testing the latest Eric4 snapshot on Windows. The documentation
browser has issues with the Windows path. I'm getting the error message
"File /C:/Program
Files/Python25/lib/site-packages/eric4/Documentation/Source/index-eric4.html
not found". Notice the / in front of C:/!

After some debugging I changed Utilities.normjoinpath(a, *p) from

     return os.path.normpath(os.path.join(a, *p))

     return '/'.join((a,)+p)

the help browser displayed the first page but all links were broken. The
help browser itself has issues with file:///C:/Program Files/

I wasn't able to figure out the second issue.

HTH

Christian