[QScintilla] QScintilla issue - Column selecting, spaces, unstable, crash.

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Mon Nov 11 18:22:36 GMT 2019

Hello,

I received an issue report related to column selecting with the mouse. This
causes eric to crash with a segmentation fault. I can reproduce it on my
development environment (Kubuntu 19.10, Python 3.7.5 and all latest PyQt5/
QScintilla wheels). Unfortunately I don't get any meaningful output in the
console.

Hope this can be fixed.

Regards,
Detlev

New file. (txt, default. Not limited to txt type)
Add line with only spaces, 64 should do. (tabs only line also effected)
Try column select (CTRL+Mouse-Select) that line from start to end.
Crashes half-way.

(Really cripples line-sorting with leading/trailing blanks-line to enforce
full selection of all target data/lines)

Version Numbers
Python
3.5.2, 64-Bit
Qt