[QScintilla] Disable caret blinking

Manuel Gómez mgrojo at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 23:06:46 GMT 2019

El 5/3/19 a las 20:00, Phil Thompson escribió:
> On 4 Mar 2019, at 7:26 pm, Manuel Gómez <mgrojo at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Is it possible to disable caret blinking? I haven't found any way in the documentation.
>
> SCI_SETCARETPERIOD

Thanks.

> The initial value is determined by QApplication::cursorFlashTime(). Normally a program wouldn't change this  - it should be under the user's control from a system configuation tool.
My intention is to disable caret blinking only when the editor is in
read-only mode. This is to match the QTextEdit behaviour  when is
read-only and setTextInteractionFlags(Qt::TextSelectableByMouse |
Qt::TextSelectableByKeyboard) is set. QScintilla allows to select text
by keyboard in read-only (so nothing to change to match Qt in that
regard) but the caret is always blinking, although the user cannot type
in the editor, which in my opinion is counterintuitive.

Best regards,
Manuel