[QScintilla] Asynchronous text styling in a custom lexer?

Matic Kukovec kukovecmatic at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 21 12:54:28 GMT 2018

Hi guys,

Does anyone have an example of styling text in a lexer (styleText) in a separate thread that works?
I have tried it using a QThread, then using moveToThread to parse the text and then styling the text with a callback signal when the parsing is finished.
It works when typing slowly, but when holding down a key then it usually gets a off by one error or something similar.

If anyone has a better idea of how to do this, please let me know.

Thanks,
Matic