[QScintilla] Fw: setAutoIndentStyle doesn't work

kristof.mulier at telenet.be kristof.mulier at telenet.be
Mon May 15 09:38:55 BST 2017

Hi Phil and Matic,

I have adapted the "MyLexer" code according to your mails. I've added the "blockStart" and "blockEnd" functions:

class MyLexer(QsciLexerCustom):

def __init__ ( self , parent):
super (MyLexer, self ). __init__ (parent)

# Initialize styles
# ----------------------------
self .setColor(QColor( "#ff000000" ), 0 ) # Style 0: black
self .setColor(QColor( "#ff7f0000" ), 1 ) # Style 1: red
self .setColor(QColor( "#ff0000bf" ), 2 ) # Style 2: blue
self .setColor(QColor( "#ff007f00" ), 3 ) # Style 3: green
[...]

# Auto indent
# ------------
#self.setAutoIndentStyle(QsciScintilla.AiOpening | QsciScintilla.AiClosing)
self .setAutoIndentStyle(QsciScintilla.AiMaintain)

''''''

def blockStart( self ):
# Define space separated string of indentation symbols
return "{ ( :"
''''''

def blockEnd( self ):
# Define space separated string of indentation symbols
return "} )"
''''''

[...]

''' End class '''

Unfortunately, it still doesn't work. Do you have any idea why?
Thank you very much for your help. Please feel free to post your answers on the StackOverflow question:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/43962669/setautoindentstyle-on-the-qscintilla-lexer-doesnt-work

In this way, many more people can benefit from it ;-)

Kind greetings,

Kristof Mulier