[QScintilla] About the patch for fixing an XCode 8 compilation problem

Alan Garny agarny at hellix.com
Thu Oct 13 16:02:02 BST 2016

Hi,

Justin Clift has recently posted a message about a patch for fixing an
Xcode 8 compilation problem (see
https://www.riverbankcomputing.com/pipermail/qscintilla/2016-October/001160.html).
The patch is from ilovezfs, a Homebrew developer, and can be found at
https://github.com/sqlitebrowser/sqlitebrowser/commit/969e263e5bf71e63df8ee908cb4a2014b9a55c9b.

Unfortunately, that patch doesn't work for me. I mean that it compiles
fine with Xcode 8, but then the lexer is not always behaving as I would
expect. I suspect that it is because the lexer declaration is now
outside of the `QsciScintilla` class.

So, I have put it back in and used the PIMPL idiom to circumvent the
original problem (see
https://github.com/opencor/opencor/commit/70f3944e36b8b95b3ad92106aeae2f511b3f0e90).
I have done some tests on Windows, Linux and macOS, and so far,
everything is working as I would expect.

Cheers, Alan.