[QScintilla] Donation for QScintilla Tutorial

kristof.mulier at telenet.be kristof.mulier at telenet.be
Tue Oct 4 10:51:47 BST 2016

Dear QScintilla users,

I use QScintilla in a new open-source project ( www.gneb.io ). But I am struggeling because of the lack of introductory documentation. The official documentation found at http://pyqt.sourceforge.net/Docs/QScintilla2/index.html jumps right into the code of QScintilla. It is very hard for newbies to get started.

That is why I have decided to donate 400$ to anyone who is willing to make a comprehensive tutorial for newbies. The tutorial should cover the following important topics:

>> An overview on how QScintilla works. The overall structure of the software, and the API.
>> An introduction to syntax highlighting.
>> Introduction to matching brackets.
>> Introduction to clickable functions and variables. This is a feature in almost all mature IDEs. The programmer clicks on a function call and the IDE jumps to the function definition.
>> Introduction to code completion.

In the spirit of free software, I would kindly ask to make your tutorial available as a pdf - free of charge. If you agree, I would like to post a copy of that pdf also on my website ( www.gneb.io ), of course with a clear mentioning of the author.

Kind greetings,

Kristof Mulier