[QScintilla] Embedding Python edit/debugger/console

Marc Gronle marc.gronle at ito.uni-stuttgart.de
Mon May 9 21:10:56 BST 2016

Hi Andrew,
the core of itom, including the Python scripting engine, the script editor
and the command line, is licensed under LGPL. However, itom consists of a
powerful plugin system in order to support access to hardware like cameras,
actuators or communication protocols. The SDK of itom, used to develop a
plugin, is under LGPL plus an additional exception. This exception allows
the user to also link components of the SDK against plugins being under any
license. Therefore, we allow users to provide commercial plugins, too.