[QScintilla] Long line scrolling?

Baz Walter bazwal at ftml.net
Thu Mar 12 20:01:16 GMT 2015

On 12/03/15 09:28, Matic Kukovec wrote:
> The double END key thing sometimes works, sometimes it doesn't. When it
> doesn't, like in the example,
> I have to press END repeatedly about 20 times to get to the end of the
> line, the amount it moves the
> view it tiny.
> Also tried SCI_SETSCROLLWIDTHTRACKING and it doesn't work. It only
> adjust the horizontal scrollbar
> to the longest line in the document, but the longest line cannot be
> scrolled to the very end!

I only tested on Linux, but, using your test file, the double END press
always works for me. Also, once the caret has gone to the end of a line,
it only takes one END press to get there on subsequent visits, so
obviously Scintilla must do some caching.

With SCI_SETSCROLLWIDTHTRACKING, only one END press is needed for the
first line of your test file, but the second line still needs two.
Otherwise, the behaviour is the same as above.

This is using QScintilla 2.8.4 with the default QsciScintilla class.

--
Regards
Baz Walter