[QScintilla] Ruby 1.9 keyword arg highlighting

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.com
Wed Sep 10 08:54:37 BST 2014

On 09/09/2014 10:11 pm, Dr. Sam Aaron wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> thanks so much for a fantastic library. I’m using it for Sonic Pi a
> live coding environment which is written in Ruby which is now shipped
> on all Raspberry Pis (and also available for OS X).
>
> However, the latest syntax for argument maps doesn’t seem to be
> supported. I’ve attached a screenshot of the text in the app. Note how
> the symbols are correctly highlighted (pink in this case) yet the
> keyword args in the argument maps such as cutoff: and attack: aren’t
> correctly highlighted.
>
> Ideally, I’d be able to give the argument symbols such as cutoff: and
> attack: a different colour to symbols so that the children using this
> app aren’t so confused about a symbol such as :drum_heavy_kick and an
> argument keyword such as amp:
>
> Do you think this will be possible in a future version of QScintilla?

The syntax support is implemented in the Scintilla part of QScintilla.
Currently Scintilla v3.3.6 is used, v3.5.0 is the latest version
(although there isn't much useful new stuff).

Try and find out if the support you need is in the latest Scintilla -
maybe by just building and trying the latest Scite. If it is then I need
to upgrade to it. If not then you need to ask on the Scintilla mailing
list.