[QScintilla] Ruby 1.9 keyword arg highlighting

Dr. Sam Aaron samaaron at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 22:11:58 BST 2014

Hi there,

thanks so much for a fantastic library. I’m using it for Sonic Pi a live coding environment which is written in Ruby which is now shipped on all Raspberry Pis (and also available for OS X).

However, the latest syntax for argument maps doesn’t seem to be supported. I’ve attached a screenshot of the text in the app. Note how the symbols are correctly highlighted (pink in this case) yet the keyword args in the argument maps such as cutoff: and attack: aren’t correctly highlighted.

Ideally, I’d be able to give the argument symbols such as cutoff: and attack: a different colour to symbols so that the children using this app aren’t so confused about a symbol such as :drum_heavy_kick and an argument keyword such as amp:

Do you think this will be possible in a future version of QScintilla?

Thanks in advance,

Sam Aaron