[QScintilla] Fwd: designer-qt5: symbol lookup error

Marty Plummer ntzrmtthihu777 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 02:33:04 BST 2014

On 08/09/2014 10:23 AM, Baz Walter wrote:
> On 09/08/14 14:53, Marty Plummer wrote:
>> Ah, I think you misunderstand the nature of the AUR. The AUR is
>> basically just a 'recipe book', containing the steps required to
>> compile any given package. The only real difference between using
>> an AUR PKGBUILD (recipe) is that the results get bundled into an
>> arch linux package, manipulatable by our package manager, so one
>> does not have random './configure && make && make installed'
>> files not associated with any package.
>>

>> On Sat, Aug 9, 2014 at 2:55 AM, Phil Thompson
>> <phil at riverbankcomputing.com> wrote:

>>> Please try building from the source package, otherwise report
>>> it as a bug to Arch.
>>>

> Phil is right - you should firstly report this to the maintainer of
> the qscintilla-qt5 package on the AUR. This is much more likely to
> be an Arch-specific issue, so you should make sure that you rule
> that possibility out first before thinking about raising it here.
> One obvious thing to do would be to have a look on the Arch Bug
> Tracker to see if there are any similar issues affecting the
> official qscintilla packages, such as this one:
>
> https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/39672
>
> Of course, this relates to qt4 rather than qt5, but it may give you
> some hints about how to resolve your own issue.
>
> PS:
>
> Can you please also avoid top-posting on this list? Thanks

Regarding top-posting, my bad. I'm pretty new to the concept of a
mailing list, I'm more of a forums kind of guy. It seems using the
gmail web interface to send the message does the top-posting
automatically; henceforth I'll use my thunderbird client.

And yes, I ran into that very bug report, and I've adapted the changes
in the repository qscintilla(-qt4) PKGBUILD into the AUR
qscintilla-qt5 PKGBUILD but to no effect. I've flagged the AUR package
out of date and will also link this mailing list issue in the package
page, but as of yet have not seen any activity by the original maintainer.