[QScintilla] Fwd: designer-qt5: symbol lookup error

Marty Plummer ntzrmtthihu777 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 9 14:53:55 BST 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Marty Plummer <ntzrmtthihu777 at gmail.com>
Date: Sat, Aug 9, 2014 at 8:06 AM
Subject: Re: [QScintilla] designer-qt5: symbol lookup error
To: Phil Thompson <phil at riverbankcomputing.com>

Ah, I think you misunderstand the nature of the AUR. The AUR is basically
just a 'recipe book', containing the steps required to compile any given
package. The only real difference between using an AUR PKGBUILD (recipe) is
that the results get bundled into an arch linux package, manipulatable by
our package manager, so one does not have random './configure && make &&
make installed' files not associated with any package.

On Sat, Aug 9, 2014 at 2:55 AM, Phil Thompson <phil at riverbankcomputing.com>
wrote:

> On 09/08/2014 1:41 am, Marty Plummer wrote:
>
>> Arch linux user here, using an AUR package to install qscintilla for qt5;
>> compiles fine, installs fine, only problem is upon launching designer-qt5
>> (either directly or via qtcreator) it crashes. After trying a couple of
>> times, I ran the program in terminal to get some info, got the following:
>> designer-qt5: symbol lookup error:
>> /usr/lib/qt/plugins/designer/libqscintillaplugin.so: undefined symbol:
>> _ZN13QsciScintillaC1EP7QWidget
>>
>> googling around for it gave no solution :/
>>
>> the above symbol demangled is QsciScintilla::QsciScintilla(QWidget*), I
>> there is a simplish solution :)
>>

> Please try building from the source package, otherwise report it as a bug
> to Arch.
>
> Phil

If you're looking towards the Son, all your shadows are behind you.

--
If you're looking towards the Son, all your shadows are behind you.