[QScintilla] Not desired clipboard overwriting on QScintilla::setSelection()

Andrei Kopats hlamer at tut.by
Thu Feb 23 14:19:33 GMT 2012

Hi

I need to edit text in the QScintilla by software. To do it, I
1) Select peace of text with QScintilla::setSelection()
2) Remove it with QScintilla::removeSelectedText()
3) Insert new text with QScintilla::insertText()

(I probably can use  QScintilla::removeSelectedText(newtext))

The problem is that this procedure overwrites window system selection
clipboard with text I removed.
I think, QScintilla should copy new text to the selection buffer, only if
it was selected by user, not when it was selected automatically.

Andrei Kopats,
mksv3 - simple programmers text editor