[QScintilla] QScintilla on Symbian

Matt Lewis-Garner MLewis-Garner at nelsonthornes.com
Mon Oct 17 14:19:57 BST 2011

I've been trying to get QScintilla to run on the Symbian platform (just
using the example project) but I've come across a bizarre error.

When I open a file, it just fills the whole document with repetitions of
the first line of the document. So, a document like this:

Qwer

Asdf

Zxcv

...is displayed as:

Qwer

Qwer

Qwer

When I moving the cursor down one line from the op, it fixes the second
line, when I move it down to the third line, it fixes the third line,
etc.

When I move the cursor back up, it copies the line into the line above.

The program works fine on Windows, Linux and the Symbian emulator that
comes with Qtcreator.

Is there something obvious here? Has it been seen on any other
platforms? Has anyone managed to get this to run on Symbian?

I've fill the QScintilla code (Editor.cpp, PlatQt.cpp, etc) with debug
print statements but I'm just going around in circles because I'm not
familiar enough with it to know where all the function calls are coming
from.

I've been trying to find something in the code that might be platform
specific that either isn't present for Symbian and needs to be, or vice
versa, but I've drawn a blank. Is there anything platform specific in
the screen painting area that I should be aware of?

Cheers

MattLG