[QScintilla] Annotation style?

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.com
Tue Aug 2 17:22:55 BST 2011

On Tue, 2 Aug 2011 11:06:02 -0500, Christopher Pow
<christopher_pow at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I am having great difficulty applying a QsciStyle object to an
annotation.
> No matter what I do I can't get it to style the way I want.
>
> I set up:
>
> QsciStyle

myStyle(-1,"Annotation",QColor(255,0,0),QColor(255,150,150),QFont("Courier
> New",-1,-1,true),true);
>
> then later on I do:
>
> myScintilla->annotate(line,"some text",myStyle);
>
> The "some text" always comes out with color black, paper white and the
> default font.
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> I verified that myStyle is set up correctly and has been given the style
#
> of 62.  I tried passing myStyle->style() to the annotate() API to get it
> resolve to a different overload, but that gave the same results.

What version of QScintilla?

Do you have a short, complete program that demonstrates the problem?

The current snapshot does have fixes for QsciStyle but they should only
have an effect if you are using multiple QsciScintilla instances.