[QScintilla] errors compiling qscintilla2 on windows (mingw)

Chris Packham judge.packham at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 16:43:52 GMT 2010

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 9:35 AM, G. Allegri <giohappy at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello list.
> This is the very first time I try to compile Qscintilla, so forgive my
> newbie questions...
> I've tried to compile under windows xp using Mingw, and setting
> QMAKESPEC=win32-g++
> Everything runs fine until the moc compilation phase, when the following
> errors happen. Could you help understand what's going wrong?
>
> http://www.giovanniallegri.it/share/qscintilla_errors.txt
>
> Thanks a lot,
> Giovanni

Those look like Qt library symbols its not finding, assuming that you
do have the qt libraries installed there could be some additional
arguments you need to pass to tell it where to look for them (sorry I
don't know what there arguments are).

I have managed to compile qscintilla on windows using the Qt Creator
(http://qt.nokia.com/downloads) and loading up the qscintilla.pro
file. I never tried particularly hard with mingw on its own.