QTabWidget: first tab's text not displaying

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat May 1 01:44:10 BST 2021

On Sat, 1 May 2021, Maurizio Berti wrote:

> Does that happen only for the first tab, or for the current tab?

Maurizio,

Aha! I hadn't clicked on other tabs, but the current one is blank.

> If you allow moving tabs (btw, movable tabs are disabled by default, so
> there's no need for that line), does the title appear in the drag object?

> Can you provide more information about Linux distribution, window manager,
> PyQt version, etc.?

I don't allow moving tabs and the title remains on the frame when I move it
(I run Slackware64-14.2 with Xfce4 and its default wm and PyQt-5.13.2).

> Are you using some generic stylesheet (with the "*" universal selector or
> without any selector at all) applied on the application or parent window?

Nope. I'm doing one thing at a time. After I fix this blank current tab I'll
go through each module and group widgets when it makes sense to do so, then
validate data entry, set widget sizes, and emit signals and write the slots.

> The title is there (if you use very high contrast on very low lightness
> you'll see it), but considering the overall look I'm inclined to think
> that's a specific platform/style issue (the ugly font might be a hint).

This may be the case. I've not yet specified fonts or colors and when I do
so this issue might be resolved

> What is the output of QApplication.style().objectName()?

>From where do I run this?

Thanks,

Rich