PyQt5 v5.15.4 and PyQt6 v6.0.3 Available for Testing

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.com
Fri Mar 5 18:04:13 GMT 2021

The website now runs a PyPI server which will be used in the future to
serve wheels of development snapshots and pre-releases of the next
stable versions (prior to being uploaded to PyPI at python.org).
Hopefully this will allow more people to test releases before they get
committed to python.org. This was part of the motivation for breaking
the Qt libraries out into separate wheels.

Instructions (ie. what flags to pass to pip) can be found here...

https://www.riverbankcomputing.com/pypi/

PyQt5 v5.15.4 and PyQt6 v6.0.3 both get around the problems with the
previous releases that resulted in a broken installation after doing an
upgrade (rather than a clean installation). However note that, after
upgrading to these latest versions, you will have an unused Qt
installation lying around. To remove it run...

pip uninstall PyQt5-Qt

...and similar for PyQtWebEngine etc.

Once I've had enough (positive) feedback I'll push the releases to
python.org.