[PyQt] Tab labels not shown correctly

Davide Liessi davide.liessi at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 14:51:37 GMT 2020

Il giorno lun 9 mar 2020 alle ore 15:02 Damon Lynch
<damonlynch at gmail.com> ha scritto:
> [...] if you want to do it properly, you need to learn how Qt styles its widgets and work with its system.

In this case, the application I'm working on does not specify any
styling of the tab bar, but switching from Qt 4 to Qt 5 ruined the
default style on Mac (see the images attached to my first message in
the thread).
I'm actually working around a bug in Qt here (I believe it is
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-74689).

I also expected that adding one single style sheet instruction would
add it to the default style.
Instead, the default style was mostly disrupted.
I would consider this a bug as well (hoping it is not intentional, in
which case I would consider it a bad design choice).
I don't know if this has already been reported.

> Whether it is worth it is up to each developer

I don't expect any problems in this case.
It is the only stylesheet used in the application and it has a very
specific purpose: should Qt's behaviour change in this respect, I have
only these few lines to possibly adapt.
Anyway, I would be grateful if you could point me to a better way of doing it.

Best wishes.

Davide