safety of (Py)Qt vs wx(Python)

Saša Janiška gour at atmarama.com
Wed Jun 10 10:46:42 BST 2020

On Wed, 10 Jun 2020 09:25:16 +0200
Grzegorz Bokota <g.bokota at mimuw.edu.pl> wrote:

> and how You will install wxPython for python 3.8. There is no
> repository.

wxPython is available via pip:

https://pypi.org/project/wxPython/4.1.0/

iow.

pip install wxPython==4.1.0

> And python 3.8 you can simply install using ex. pyenv.

My Fedora machine has python-3.8 and I just installed wxPython in venv.

> There are also big problems when using virtualenv. Best practice is
> to use separate virtualenv for every project. Using
> --system-site-packages will reduce environment separation.

I do not see the problem in installing/using wxPython on Linux...moreover, my
concern and topic for this thread is more in relation to the future of Qt
licensing and its possible impact on PyQt...

Sincerely,
Sasa

--
In this endeavor there is no loss or diminution,
and a little advancement on this path can protect