Any tips or examples of building wheels dependent on PyQt5/Qt?

Jeremy Sanders jeremy at jeremysanders.net
Fri Dec 11 11:40:55 GMT 2020

Dear all

Does anyone here have some recipe or tips for making wheels for a
PyQt5-dependent package that builds against Qt (using sip)? It seems a
very difficult process.

Ideally I'd like to make wheels for Veusz on Linux, Windows and MacOS.
It does build with sip5, but only in backward-compatibility mode.

I was trying to use github actions to do this, but it seems difficult to
make a working setup, particularly using multilinux and the different
python versions. I came across aqtinstall which at least helps solves
installing the Qt development things.

Thanks in advance

Jeremy