pyqtdeploy demo build terminates with Project ERROR: Unknown module(s) in QT: x11extras

Frans Fürst frans.fuerst at protonmail.com
Wed Dec 2 16:03:44 GMT 2020

On Wednesday, December 2, 2020 4:49 PM, Damon Lynch <damonlynch at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 2, 2020 at 9:32 AM Frans Fürst <frans.fuerst at protonmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Is there any chance to get a list of those dependencies? Maybe a Dockerfile which demonstrates how to build the pyqtdeploy demo (or at least PyQt5)?
>>
>> It looks like Qt5 itself builds perfectly fine and the Qt5 wiki sais all it needs is build-essential, libx11-xcb-dev and libglu1-mesa-dev: https://wiki.qt.io/Qt5_dependencies
>>
>> I've definitively installed all of them among many others.
>>
>> I'll now start debugging pyqtdeploy-sysroot and sip-install in order to get an idea what "Unknown module(s) in QT: x11extras" might mean, but maybe someone has a list of packages to be installed before running pyqtdeploy on a fresh system?
>
> Hi Frans,
>
> On Debian like platforms, have you tried libxcb-xinerama0-dev? That could help.

And because https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/linux-requirements.html does not list libxcb-xinerama0-dev but libxcb-xinerama-dev (without the trailing 0) it's very easy to accidentally not install..

Thanks for the hint

Is there a way to find out whether QtX11extras will be built without having to wait two hours to see if PyQt5 can be built?
I tried to run .configure <many args> but it seems to not reconfigure anything and there seems to be no information about x11extras..