[PyQt] New package for the 5.12 (Qt LTS) branch?

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Mon Sep 23 17:35:28 BST 2019

Hey Phil,

On Mon, Sep 23, 2019 at 11:13:24AM +0100, Phil Thompson wrote:
> I will be releasing a 'pyqt-bundle' tool in the next few weeks that will
> allow you to take a wheel from PyPI and replace the copy of Qt bundled with
> it.

That sounds amazing! It'd also make it much easier for me to test
in-development Qt releases (without the new API) if I could create a wheel with
e.g. Qt 5.14, push it to my own server in some way, and use it via CI.

> I haven't yet decided if I will do that myself (and upload the new wheels to
> PyPI) for new Qt LTS releases. Feedback welcome.

If I'm reading this right, you said you would ;-)

https://riverbankcomputing.com/pipermail/pyqt/2019-March/041507.html

> When the new minor version of Qt is part of the latest LTS version then the
> existing GPL wheels will be replaced with ones with that Qt release.

For qutebrowser, I'd appreciate being able to test the latest Qt LTS easily on
CI, without having to set up my own package index.

Florian

--
https://www.qutebrowser.org | me at the-compiler.org (Mail/XMPP)