[PyQt] New package for the 5.12 (Qt LTS) branch?

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.com
Mon Sep 23 11:13:24 BST 2019

On 23/09/2019 10:25, Marko Toplak wrote:
> Dear maintainers,
>
> are you perhaps planning a release based on Qt 5.12.5?
>
> Qt 5.12.4, which is used in PyQt 5.12.3 packages, introduced a bug
> that caused https://github.com/biolab/orange3/issues/3906. The
> underlying issue was fixed in Qt 5.12.5 and we would appreciate a new
> release based on it, especially since it is unlikely that conda or
> conda-forge will support anything non-LTS (it is still stuck with PyQt
> 5.9).

There is no need for a release as there are no API changes.

Do you mean that you would like the existing PyQt v5.12 wheels to be
updated with Qt v5.12.5?

I will be releasing a 'pyqt-bundle' tool in the next few weeks that will
allow you to take a wheel from PyPI and replace the copy of Qt bundled
with it.

I haven't yet decided if I will do that myself (and upload the new
wheels to PyPI) for new Qt LTS releases. Feedback welcome.