[PyQt] pyqtdeploy: compiler and linker errors with nmake after qmake

Jacob Kanev j_kanev at arcor.de
Wed Oct 24 17:40:29 BST 2018

Hi everybody, I found the first error:

> 1. The compiler complains about "initializer is not a constant" in sysroot-win-32\src\Python-3.7.0\Modules\_abc.c. Changing line 69 in _abc.c from
>     PyVarObject_HEAD_INIT(&PyType_Type, 0)

and the first missing symbol:

>     pyqtdeploy_main.obj : LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _PyInit__struct

are fixed when I compile python for the target system (instead of using the installed version of python, as I did before).

Still, the missing expat symbol error (unresolved external symbol __Expat_LoadLibrary) remains. This is independent of whether I set the tick in pyqtdeploy in Standard-Library/xml/parsers/expat or not. No expat symbols end up in the created python37.lib.

Any suggestions are very welcome,
all the best, Jacob.

   Jacob Kanev
   Boomtime, 5th of The Aftermath, 3184