[PyQt] Compilation problems, private sip project under Windows msvc2015

Guðjón Guðjónsson gudjon.i.gudjonsson at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 06:06:42 GMT 2018

Hi list

I am trying to compile my project under Windows
https://github.com/GauiStori/PyQt-Qwt

I have copied the configure.py script from Qscintilla, boilerplate version
2.3 and
it works perfectly under Linux (Debian)

But when I try to compile it under Windows I run into problems.

it doesn't find qwidget.h but that I can fix with adding:
QT += core widgets gui
to the Qwt.pro file. The configure script should preferably insert this, I
will figure that out later.

But then I get linking problems, see below, that I cannot fix.

I can compile the Qwt C++ examples and the QScintilla python sip files
without problems
but I cannot compile my project.

There is one difference between Windows and Linux.
Linux:
C++ library is named libqwt.so....
Python library is named Qwt.so

Windows:
C++ library is named Qwt.dll
Python library is named Qwt.dll
which is not preferable. I have tried to change the Python library name but
get the same result.
Any good solution to this problem is well accepted.

Here is the compilation output.

Generating Code...
Compiling...
sipQwtQwtTextPaintAttributes.cpp
sipQwtQwtThermo.cpp
sipQwtQwtWeedingCurveFitter.cpp
sipQwtQwtWheel.cpp
Generating Code...
        link /NOLOGO /DYNAMICBASE /NXCOMPAT /INCREMENTAL:NO /DLL
/SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS /OUT:release\Qwt.dll
@C:\Users\Gudjon\AppData\Local\Temp\nm9F41.tmp
   Creating library release\Qwt.lib and object release\Qwt.exp
sipQwtcmodule.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public:
__thiscall QwtText::QwtText(class QString const &,enum
QwtText::TextFormat)" (??0QwtText@@QAE at ABVQString@@W4TextFormat at 0@@Z)
referenced in function "class QwtText __cdecl sipVH_Qwt_103(enum
PyGILState_STATE,void (__cdecl*)(struct _sipSimpleWrapper *,enum
PyGILState_STATE),struct _sipSimpleWrapper *,struct _object *,int)"
(?sipVH_Qwt_103@@YA?AVQwtText@@W4PyGILState_STATE@@P6AXPAU_sipSimpleWrapper@
@0 at Z1PAU_object@@H at Z)
sipQwtQwtPlotItem.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public:
__thiscall QwtText::QwtText(class QString const &,enum
QwtText::TextFormat)" (??0QwtText@@QAE at ABVQString@@W4TextFormat at 0@@Z)
sipQwtQwtText.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public:
__thiscall QwtText::QwtText(class QString const &,enum
QwtText::TextFormat)" (??0QwtText@@QAE at ABVQString@@W4TextFormat at 0@@Z)
sipQwtQwtText.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public:
__thiscall QwtText::QwtText(class QwtText const &)" (??0QwtText@@QAE at ABV0
@@Z)
sipQwtQwtTextLabel.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public:
__thiscall QwtText::QwtText(class QwtText const &)" (??0QwtText@@QAE at ABV0
@@Z)
sipQwtcmodule.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public:
__thiscall QwtText::QwtText(class QwtText const &)" (??0QwtText@@QAE at ABV0
@@Z)
sipQwtQList0100QwtText.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"public: __thiscall QwtText::QwtText(class QwtText const &)" (??0QwtText@
@QAE at ABV0@@Z)
sipQwtQwtPlotBarChart.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__thiscall QwtText::~QwtText(void)" (??1QwtText@@QAE at XZ)
sipQwtcmodule.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public:
__thiscall QwtText::~QwtText(void)" (??1QwtText@@QAE at XZ)
sipQwtQList0100QwtText.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"public: __thiscall QwtText::~QwtText(void)" (??1QwtText@@QAE at XZ)

Regards
Gudjon