[PyQt] A nasty licencing question

V. Armando Sole sole at esrf.fr
Sun Jul 29 22:24:29 BST 2018

On 29.07.2018 22:23, Sampsa Riikonen wrote:

> The questions is:
>
> Is this logic flawed?  Can the snippets be MIT licensed at all.. or
> must
> they follow the PyQt licensing scheme, i.e. either GPL or commercial.
>
> In the latter case, can the snippets be MIT licensed?

Why not? For instance, your code might end up (with or without
modifications) being used with PySide.

We are in a similar use case. Our library is MIT however, we warn the
users of our library about the fact their developed programs will have
to follow the licensing conditions of PyQt if they use PyQt.

Armando