[PyQt] PyQT Support for WebEngine on RPi

Vincent Vande Vyvre vincent.vande.vyvre at telenet.be
Mon Feb 26 13:02:33 GMT 2018

Le 26/02/18 à 11:36, Lee Matthews a écrit :

> Hi All
>

> I am wanting to use PyQt to open a browser and start a WebRTC session
> on my RPi. I have a basic script working fine on my Ubuntu PC using
> PyQt. It requires the WebEngineView class from the WebEngineWidgets
> module (Webkit is decremented and doesnt support WebRTC). However I
> cannot get the script working on my Raspberry Pi. It seems that the
> install of PyQT on RPi doesnt provide the various WebEngine modules. I
> installed it using "sudo apt-get install python3-pyqt5"
>

> Does PyQT for RPi not support the WebEngine modules?
>
> Is there any way to get this to work?
>
> If there is absolutely no way to get it working with PyQt, would Qt on
> the Pi have support for the WebEngine modules?
>

> I have created a query on a forum at the link below if that is any
> help in explaining my query further...
>

> https://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/questions/79581/pyqt-support-for-webengine-on-pi

QtWebEngine is recent in Debian packages.

You can find the reason at [0].

And here [1] on 2017-08-11 Simon Quigley declare "Fix Released", so try
with the repository of Bionic Beaver.

But, I presume, you have to reinstall all PyQt packages from the new repo.

[0] https://marc.info/?l=kde-core-devel&m=142954900813235&w=2
[1]
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/qtbase-opensource-src/+bug/1579265

Vincent