[PyQt] PyQT Support for WebEngine on RPi

Lee Matthews lee_matthews01 at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 26 10:36:31 GMT 2018

Hi All

I am wanting to use PyQt to open a browser and start a WebRTC session on my RPi. I have a basic script working fine on my Ubuntu PC using PyQt. It requires the WebEngineView class from the WebEngineWidgets module (Webkit is decremented and doesnt support WebRTC). However I cannot get the script working on my Raspberry Pi. It seems that the install of PyQT on RPi doesnt provide the various WebEngine modules. I installed it using "sudo apt-get install python3-pyqt5"

Does PyQT for RPi not support the WebEngine modules?

Is there any way to get this to work?

If there is absolutely no way to get it working with PyQt, would Qt on the Pi have support for the WebEngine modules?

I have created a query on a forum at the link below if that is any help in explaining my query further...

https://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/questions/79581/pyqt-support-for-webengine-on-pi

[https://cdn.sstatic.net/Sites/raspberrypi/img/apple-touch-icon@2.png?v=38b7cb40765d]<https://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/questions/79581/pyqt-support-for-webengine-on-pi>

python - PyQt support for WebEngine on Pi - Raspberry Pi ...<https://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/questions/79581/pyqt-support-for-webengine-on-pi>
raspberrypi.stackexchange.com
I have installed PyQt5 for Python3 as per the solution here. However while I can import various modules into Python I am finding that none of the WebEngine modules ...

Thanks very much!!!