[PyQt] PyQt5-tools wheel for 5.7 (just designer for now)

Kyle Altendorf sda at fstab.net
Wed Feb 14 18:10:41 GMT 2018

On 2018-02-12 14:18, Baptiste de la gorce wrote:
> I have the same problem, none of the plugin examples appear in Qt
> Designer. I installed a clean python 3.6.4 , I made a pip3 install Py
> Qt5 == 5.9 (to be at the same version as pyqt5-tools),and I made a pip
> install pyqt5-tools.
> I modified the examples/designer/ plugins/plugins.py script to find
> the binary designer.
> In help> plugin Information, i have an error message telling me that
> pyqt5.dll is not a valid Win32 application.
> Has anyone managed to have plugins visible in Qt Designer?

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner.   Are you trying to do a custom
plugin or just use custom widgets?  It can be a bit confusing since
pyqt5.dll is a Designer plugin for accessing custom Python widgets but
the term plugin is also used for the class that you write for each
widget you want to expose.

I definitely have custom widgets showing in Designer, that is really the
primary reason I made pyqt5-tools (having a binary distribution of
pyqt5.dll for Designer).  If you want custom widgets then maybe try with
my project at github.com/altendky/st.  There are instructions in the
readme to set it up and then you can try `designer.bat` (or `.vbs`) as a
first test.  There should be a bunch of  extra widgets at the bottom of
the list in Designer.

I do not recall if I got the examples showing in Designer or not.

Cheers,
-kyle