[PyQt] Feedback Required: Windows 32-bit Wheels

Kyle Altendorf sda at fstab.net
Thu Aug 16 15:13:37 BST 2018

On August 16, 2018 7:41:17 AM EDT, Phil Thompson <phil at riverbankcomputing.com> wrote:
>Given that 32-bit Windows seems to be becoming a second class citizen
>as far as Qt is concerned (ie. there is no 32-bit Web Engine any more),
>I am considering dropping the 32-bit Windows wheels. 32-bit Windows
>would still be supported when building from source.

I use 32-bit windows wheels because of automated tests I have for some C embedded device.  I use pieces from my GUI app and also javabridge which has to be 32-bit to agree with the TI Code Composer Studio which is only available as 32-bit on Windows presently (and only 64 on Linux...  *sigh*).

How much effort is it to maintain the 32 bit wheel build?  Any chance of getting a copy of the reference wheel build script you use?  It seems like we could setup automated builds (including snapshots) and probably get some community support to keep them going.

Cheers,
-kyle