[PyQt] make error when statically building Python for cross-compiling to android from linux

umbertofilippo umbertofilippo at tiscali.it
Wed Oct 11 20:17:03 BST 2017

Thanks again Phil,

apparently with Python 3.5.3 it worked fine.

Just one note:

As I said, I created a symbolic link in my target-specific (android)
system root directory that points to the corresponding target-specific
(android) Qt installation.

My android-root is testApp/sysroot-android. To create the symlink I did
that:

     cd /home/umberto/Documents/apps/testApp/sysroot-android/

     ln -s /home/umberto/Qt5.9.1/5.9.1/android_armv7/

Is that correct?

I am asking just because I expected the output from the python build to
fill that directory.

Instead I have a ":" folder within the Python target folder with
subdirectories like:

/home/umberto/Documents/apps/Python-3.5.3/:/home/umberto/Documents/apps/testApp/sysroot-android

Just asking, because as it is the first time for me going that far, I'd
like to make sure at least this step is correct.

Really grateful for all the help you already gave me until now!

Umberto