[PyQt] PyQt/QtWebKit authenticationRequired QAuthenticator TypeError

Dan Hopkins dan.hopkins at hanzoarchives.com
Mon Jan 30 18:05:45 GMT 2017

Hi,
Apologies in advance if my query is ill informed, I'm new to PyQt and
QtWebKit.

I'm testing a setup compiled from source:
PyQt_gpl-5.7.1/sip-4.19/Qt-5.7.1/QtWebKit (from
https://github.com/annulen/webkit/ stable branch) on Ubuntu 14.04 with
Python2.7

I've got code that works fine with old distro packaged versions of PyQt
et al, but I'm trying with this setup for a more recent webkit
implementation.

The previously working code is now failing with what appears to be a
type/pointer mismatch:

QObject::connect: Incompatible sender/receiver arguments
   NetworkAccessManager::authenticationRequired(QNetworkReply*,
                                                QAuthenticator*) -->
   WebKit::handle_auth(QNetworkReply*,QAuthenticator)
(TypeError('connect() failed between
authenticationRequired(QNetworkReply*,QAuthenticator*) and
handle_auth()',),)

Handler defined as:

     @Slot(QNetworkReply, QAuthenticator)
     def handle_auth(self, qreply, qauthenticator):

Is this an obvious failure to the more seasoned users out there?
Any suggestions to things I may have done to cause this, or other
pointers just to successful builds of PyQt against Annulen's QtWebKit
fork gratefully received.

Thanks,
Dan