[PyQt] Learning Qt5 designer

Sibylle Koczian nulla.epistola at web.de
Thu Jan 12 12:05:42 GMT 2017

Am 10.01.2017 um 23:48 schrieb Rich Shepard:
> On Tue, 10 Jan 2017, Rich Shepard wrote:
>
>   I wrote too quickly. I've read the layout manager page
> <http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/layout.html#layout-examples> and looked at the
> examples. The code makes sense but I'm trying to learn to use the designer
> so I can more quickly create the UI than by writing it all by hand.

In your first mail in this thread you mentioned "the old (2007) Qt4
book". Is that "Rapid GUI programming with Python and Qt" by Mark
Summerfield? If yes, chapter 7, "Using Qt Designer" should still work
with the Qt5 designer. Doesn't it answer your questions?

One small warning about this chapter: converting the .ui files to Python
code is no longer necessary. The book only knows this technique and
doesn't explain how to load them at runtime. For that you need the
documentation on the Riverbank pages.

HTH
Sibylle