[PyQt] Attempting to reduce the memory footprint of my PyQt5 application

Xavion xavion.0 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 09:11:02 BST 2016

I've just updated the ticket <http://bugs.python.org/issue28165> I created
on the Python bug tracker earlier.  My most recent post lists the code
fragment I'm using (i.e. via a timer, not a loop).  The one before that
details how I'm going about monitoring the memory (i.e. from a Bash script).

I just incorporated your three "gc.collect()" calls and it made no
difference.  Starting the processes from the main event loop (rather than
in a QThread) didn't help either.  Everything was fine with the QThread
anyway: disabling the process call kept the memory constant.

I'll have a go at using Valgrind tomorrow.

Thanks again for all of your help, guys.