[PyQt] dev env for PyQt 5.7

oliver oliver.schoenborn at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 17:58:54 BST 2016

> >Another useful "tool" missing when wheel + qt binary install used is
> >the
> >PyQt5 examples, they use to be part of the binary dist prior to 5.7.
>
> In a prior thread Phil explained that he intends the 'pyqt5' wheels to be
> depended on by application packages.  They are not there to provide a
> development environment.  Since many of us developers would still like easy
> (and smaller than full Qt) access to the tools I am slowly putting together
> the 'pyqt5-tools' wheels.
>
> While several of us were surprised like you to find designer missing I
> think the separate wheels do make sense once their purposes are explained.

I wasn't surprised, one installer for deployment and one for development is
quite common (that's what we do for our own installations). It would be
great if you could include the examples folder in your tools wheel.

There doesn't seem to be an online repo for the source code so for now I
got the examples from the source distribution.

Thanks,
Oliver