[PyQt] PyQt support for Myanmar scripts (Burma)

Timothy W. Grove tim_grove at sil.org
Wed Feb 24 12:33:28 GMT 2016

I'm developing a PyQt4 application here in England, and I know someone
has been trying it out with Myanmar script, with not very pleasing
results. Their comment was:

    /Unfortunately it doesn't handle Myanmar script well at all - many
    frequent characters are not even displaying when keyboarded; others
    are displayed but not rendered properly.////When I paste in Myanmar
    Unicode text that has been properly keyboarded in Word, all the
    characters show up, but are not rendered properly...

    /

Does anyone have any experience with this script? Any comments about
complex script support in PyQt in general? I guess my real question is,
would I see better results with Myanmar if I moved from PyQt4 to PyQt5
with its ICU libraries? Thanks for any comments.

Best regards,
Tim