[PyQt] No errors reported by deployed application, no functionality either

michael h michaelkenth at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 00:57:12 GMT 2016

> Searching around turned up a comment on StackOverflow [1] that suggested
> setting an environment variable to point to the Qt platform plugins.
>
>     QT_QPA_PLATFORM_PLUGIN_PATH=%QTDIR%\plugins\platforms\
>
> In my case I used these (cmd.exe, Cygwin):
>
>     set
> QT_QPA_PLATFORM_PLUGIN_PATH="C:\Qt\Qt5.5.1\5.5\msvc2010\plugins\platforms"
>
>     export
> QT_QPA_PLATFORM_PLUGIN_PATH="C:\Qt\Qt5.5.1\5.5\msvc2010\plugins\platforms"
>
> This fixed it for Cygwin and my application runs.  In cmd.exe it still
> exits silently.
>
> Cheers,
> -kyle

Qt has some default locations it searches for plugins and platform files.
For my apps built with py2exe, i put the needed files in .\platforms
(relative to my app's .exe)

Have you tried something like:

myapp.exe > out.txt 2>&1

from cmd?

(not sure what pyqtdeploy does with stdout/stderr, if anything)