[PyQt] Windows PyQt5 Static Build Issues

Robert Kent rob at gulon.co.uk
Fri Sep 25 12:08:51 BST 2015

Hi All,

I am currently trying to build a static version of PyQt5 such that I can use pyqtdeploy. I am able to build C++ applications with my Qt5.4 installation and the MSVC2010 compiler absolutely fine, but when I try to build PyQt5 from source I get an error whilst running configure.py:

.\qtdetail.cpp(1) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: ‘QCoreApplication’: No such file or directory

I guess this means that its failing to find the Qt include directories? Do these need to be on my path?

Just wondering if anybody has seen this before (Phil :) and has any suggestions.

Cheers, Rob