[PyQt] Availability of pyqt5 for python2.7

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Fri Sep 18 08:28:23 BST 2015

* Carl Wolff <carl at wolff-online.nl> [2015-09-18 08:55:42 +0200]:
> As we have our codebase running in python2.7 and the end of support of
> pyqt4 end of this year, my question is will pyqt5 also be available for
> python 2.7?

PyQt5 already *is* available for Python 2, most distributions even
have it packaged.

The only thing there isn't is a prebuilt Windows installer.

But since you're already converting to PyQt5 which will take some
effort and break some things, why not convert to Python 3 as well?

Python 2 will be EOL in 2020 as well, which isn't *that* far away.
There are various projects and guides to help;

https://docs.python.org/3/howto/pyporting.html

Florian