[PyQt] PyQt5 and py2exe

Jérôme Godbout jerome at bodycad.com
Fri Nov 27 21:26:42 GMT 2015

Hi,
I have start using the PyQt5 along with py2exe to deploy my application to
other developer. On my machine the generated .exe start without problems.
But on other machines the application refuse to start with this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "CodeReviewerMain.py", line 16, in <module>
 File "BodycadQmlApplication.pyc", line 5, in <module>
 File "PyQt5\QtQuick.pyc", line 12, in <module>
 File "PyQt5\QtQuick.pyc", line 10, in __load
ImportError: DLL load failed: A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization
routine failed.

Look like the QtQuick DLL is not found on other machine but work on mine, I
don't have anything special inside my PATH environment variable nor I have
a machine wide Qt install either. Even if I put the dll directly into the
folder, it doesn't work. I'm not sure what is going on.

Localy I can run the py2exe  exe properly. We are using those Qt5X.dll

Anybody have any info on this or any tips where or what to look for?

Thanks,
regards,
Jerome