[PyQt] PyQt5 embedded in C++ Application with Connect Problem

Deepak Hosamane Deepak.Hosamane at lntebg.com
Thu Nov 26 11:00:11 GMT 2015

Hello,
I am trying to create an application in which user can create screens( .ui and generate corresponding ui_.py file using pyuic5.bat ) and then write scripts ( in .py file ) for them in PyQt5.
I want to embed these python scripts in my Qt based C++ application which will load these Scripts( because my rest of the application is in Qt ).
I am able to embed this screens created by user into the application but for some strange reason, the "connect" written inside the scripts fail when called from the C++ application [ I have tried a timer's timeout and still the slots don't get called. ]
Could someone tell me why this might be happening or at-least a way to get some debug logs which might help me knowing what is going wrong. This would really help me in a big way.

To run the Example run it as :   Test.exe  <Full Path of Folder>/Form1.py  Form

System under consideration is - Windows 7 , 64 bit machine, PyQt5 , Qt 5.4.0 ( 64 bit ) , MSVC 2012
PS: If I run these scripts using the Python directly, the scrips work fine as they are simple PyQt5 Scripts.
e.g. python.exe D:/Test/Form1.py ( Works Fine ... i.e. the color of pushButton_2 changes in color )

Thanks and Warm Regards,
Deepak.H

Larsen & Toubro Limited

www.larsentoubro.com

This Email may contain confidential or privileged information for the intended recipient (s). If you are not the intended recipient, please do not use or disseminate the information, notify the sender and delete it from your system.