[PyQt] pyqtdeploy - make - undefined MODULE_NAME

David Cortesi davecortesi at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 19:44:32 GMT 2015

Trying to pyqtdeploy a native Mac OS app.
I have built static Python, Sip and PyQt as per [1],
I think correctly, however my $SYSROOT now contains
only include, lib, and share directories.

It does not contain a src directory, but the doc
for setting up Locations [2] seems to assume
that $SYSROOT/src/Python-3.4.2 will exist.

So instead I set the source directory to the original
Python-3.4.2 folder, the one where
I ran the pyqtdeploycli/qmake/make sequence.

When pyqtdeploy runs make, the first make of a .c file
fails with the message

../Downloads/Python-3.4.2/Modules/_sqlite/cache.c:261:9: error: use of
undeclared identifier 'MODULE_NAME'

Looking at that source, many files in the Modules
directory use that identifier, but It is not defined in any
header file or the Makefile.

I conclude it should be defined as part of the Python
make or make install, as part of building $SYSROOT/src,
but that is not happening.

Probably I am doing something stupidly wrong,
I'd appreciate any suggestion of what.

Thanks,
Dave Cortesi

[1] http://pyqt.sourceforge.net/Docs/pyqtdeploy/static_builds.html