[PyQt] PySide 2

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Sun Aug 16 21:03:16 BST 2015

On Sun Aug 16 14:30:18 BST 2015, Marcus Ottosson wrote:

> I can see why you might ask that, I was sceptical at first too. But there's
> an initiative beyond Qt [1] behind this effort, and with it I think a new
> audience will appear in favour of advancing the state of PySide. I think
> this same audience would apply equally well to PyQt, if PyQt were to be
> community-driven.

There were initiatives to revive PySide before the visual effects industry
started to take an interest in it. I suppose enough resources might be
thrown at it this time to make a difference, though I don't see much of a
role for the community in driving PySide development at the moment.

From what I've seen, the plan is to fund a one-off effort to do a new release
then turn it over to the community to support. I don't know if that will make
it a sustainable project.

I'm genuinely interested to know what you mean by "community-driven", or what
you would want to see in such a project.

David